The Clarinda Primary School Student Council is comprised of one student from each grade plus the two School Captains.
- These students are elected by their peers and hold the position for a year.
- The Student Council is convened by a staff member and meets at least twice per term.
- Grades may add agenda items for the Student Council to discuss at their meetings. Minutes of the meetings are distributed to the grades.
- One of the roles of the Student Council is to help with a fundraising activity each term. They make posters, collect money and help with general organisation of the fundraisers. Fundraising events have included: “No Homework Day” to raise funds for the Bushfire Appeal, the “Biggest Morning Tea” to raise money for the Cancer Council and “Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation” to raise fund for Juvenile Diabetes Research.
- The Student Council also help with organised lunchtime sports activities.
- Having a Student Council gives the student body a voice in the decision-making of the school and is of great benefit to the individual children who are elected to this position